Remarks: April/May Campout
Description: In person camping is back starting April 30th!
Patrol meal planning will be at the April 25th Troop meeting
Gather at COF at 4:30pm Friday April 30th (modified Field Uniform/Class A Shirt without the neckerchief) to gather Troop equipment, then drive your scout to Bull Run Regional Park Group sites near Shelter #8 (Plan on dinner beforehand).
Camping will end Sunday May 2nd at 9am (when parents will pick up scouts and take them to COF to put away Troop equipment).
What does each scout need to bring? see the Troop Camping Checklist on the website, under essential links and make sure they attend the April 25th meeting.
Don’t forget an extra Mask!
Cost: $14 per scout. Adults can attend without cost but must have up-to-date Youth Protection Training.
– Arrive at CoF 4:30pm on April 30th
– 6:00 reach Bull Run and set up
– 7:30 Firem’n Chit
– 6:30 cooks begin morning meals
– 7:00 breakfast
– 8:00 Totin chip
– 9:00 food hauling competition
– 10:30 cookoff
– 12:00 lunch
– 1:30pm boat designing contest in the river (hold 5lbs)
– 3:00 stretcher/first aid activity, first aid requirements followed by free time
– 6:30 fire building competitions
– 7:30 fire speed building
– 7:00 wake up
– 7:30 cold breakfast
– 8:00 roses & thorns then leave
9:00am Parent transport scouts back to COF to return Troop equipment
An up-to-date BSA medical Form (parts A and B) is required for this event.
Look for more details at the up-coming Troop meetings
Camping google directions:
Planning by the Thicc Ducks